We invite you to The Modeling Life in the Lab Symposium at Carey Institute for Global Good on September 15 - 18, 2015 in Rensselaerville, NY. ML2S is a meeting designed to carry-on the tradition of approaching problems from different perspectives. To this end we are organizing a meeting that looks at the total problem of modeling life in a lab. The meeting will be divided into five lecture series;
- Unmet Problems in Human Health and Disease - Six lectures designed to highlight areas where current in vitro models are either lacking completely or simply not adequate.
- Emerging Cell Models for Research - Six lectures that will look at current cell engineering efforts to provide disease relevant cell models.
- Scaffolds for Cell Growth - Six lectures detailing advances in creating more in vivo like environments in which to grow cells.
- Instruments and Automation - Six lectures looking into new cell-based assays for research into new therapies and drug discovery.
- Analytical Tools for Handling Complexity - Six lectures that focus on new software and analytical tools for handling cell-based data.
Each lecture series will be followed by a panel discussion with the presenters to insure ample time for discussing the questions that these presentations are sure to generate. As the goal of the meeting is to bring together a mixture of researchers from many disciplines these discussions will also serve to provide background explanations to the non-specialists in the audience.
Meetings at the Institute are characterized by their intimacy with comfortable spaces that allow for break out groups and the long conversations that lead to lasting collaborations. Evenings will start with wine and cheese hosted poster sessions, followed by dinner with a keynote address. Afterwards participants can gather in the many sitting rooms, libraries, and game rooms of the estate for evening conversations. If you are trying to model life in a lab and you are looking to gain a different perspective, then we encourage you to attend ML2S at the Carey Institute for Global Good. Please visit www.ML2S.net for more information or send an email to any of the organizers below.
Albany Medical College
Carey Institute for Global Good